Friday 21 September 2012

No Yeast Pizza



After figuring that I have leftover tomato sauce, cheese, sausage and olives in the fridge, I thought: PIZZA! But then I realized I didn't have any yeast. So, since the idea of having pizza for dinner was stuck in my head I decided to research some no-yeast pizza recipes online. It seems like there are thousands of those, so I decided to give my own spin on it and I've gotta say it turned out amazingly delicious.

Serves 2

Ingredients:

- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour*
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 3tbs olive oil
- a pinch of salt

Process:

- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until the mixture becomes doughy.
- Put the dough on a generously floured surface and start kneading. If the dough is too sticky, sprinkle some more flour and keep kneading until it's no longer sticky.
- Wrap it in cling film and let it rest for 30min. This will make it more manageable.
- Preheat oven to 200 C degrees.
- Roll the dough to a desired pizza size, transfer it into an oiled baking dish and brush it with olive oil. Bake it for 5min.
- Put your toppings on, then bake it for additional 15min or until golden brown. Enjoy!

* You can use plain flour also, but make sure you add 1tsp baking powder so the dough rises.


No comments:

Post a Comment